Friday, May 27, 2011

Rag Quilt!

I was so excited with how this rag quilt for my girls turned out. Tuesday night after they went to bed, I got busy, and whipped this baby up. Seriously, they are SO fun and easy to make. All I had to pick up was the pink flannel I wanted to use on the back. The other squares are bits and pieces of leftover fabric from projects. Molly LOVES it, and hasn't stopped using it since Tuesday!

Here is a closer look at the fraying and the fabrics. The favorite fabric is definitely the pink minky, the girls love how soft it is. I used 9 inch squares, which made it really quick to cut the squares, and to sew up. If you have any questions about how I made my quilt, or how to make your own let me know. They are VERY fun to make, thanks for teaching me how Grandma. :)

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME! I have another friend that loves to makes these, as well. Hmmm...thinking I should try one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute!!! Did you put batting in the middle of your squares? I never have, but I think I will with Marlee's big quilt I am going to make her-if I ever get around to finishing it! LOL Anyhow, I love yours!

    ReplyDelete