Sunday, September 26, 2010

College Sweatpants w/ Heat Transfer

My niece Nicole is a freshman at GVSU (Grand Valley State University), where my husband and I also attended. So, I knew I had to make up some cool GVSU gear for my girls. They had some $3 blue sweatpants from Target, so for super cheap, I made them these. :)

I just cut out the letters on printable heat transfer paper, mine was already white which was the color I wanted (blue and white are GVSU colors), but you could print anything you want onto the paper and then cut it out. I just cut them out, then peeled the letters off the backing and lay it on the fabric. I put a thin piece of fabric on top of the letters and then ironed it for about 20 seconds. And that's it! SO easy and quick!

I LOVE how they turned out, and am super excited to have the girls wear them this week to go and visit Nicole at GVSU.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Those are adorable! :) You could change up some shirts with that stuff! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love how they came out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope College sweatpants next, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete